Thursday, February 14, 2019

Music Video Project

Link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=gItZibUfoQE


Sophomore Music Video Project


Project: 

         In e-Comm, we had to make our first music video project. We had trouble finding a song but decided to use High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco. For this project, I was the cameraman at some parts. Sometimes we had a technical difficulties with the camera but it all worked out in the end.

        In order to start the project, we needed to storyboard the project. At first we were going to film at a different video, however the building was privately owned. After that, we kept it simple and filmed at the school.

         After we created our storyboard and found where we were going to shoot our clips, we were off to work. We were allowed to go on our school's catwalk and the roof. It was fun being somewhere not many people get to go to. We also did some filming in the school parking lot. When it came to editing, I had trouble because I didn't know how to edit the video to make it interesting, but I gave it my best effort especially when it came to color correcting.

          To edit the video, we used Adobe Premiere Pro, we use it for most of our projects.

What did I learn?

            I learned a lot  about how to use a camera in this video. I found out there was a certain way to walk with a camera not to make it bob up and down, all you have to do is walk heel to heel. It is harder than it looks, so we didn't do it in the video. 


What would I do differently?

          In the video, we needed more shots. Personally we blame the cold weather cutting us off, but we can't really do that. In editing, I need better timing with the song and better use of my shots. I also need to remember to give credit to the people who made the song and who starred in the video.


What would I keep the same?

          In the video, I would keep some of the transitions the same. I was really proud that even though I wasn't the best at timing the transitions or movements, I did the best I could and it came out really well. I would also try to keep the energy in the song the same with the smiling and dancing as our actor was walking up to the roof.

Next Time: 

            I got a lot out of this video project. I found out some cool ways to get smooth shots, like using a car if you are walking down the street if you don't have anything else you can use. I also found out how important using a tripod is to making better shots, I will definitely use a tripod more. Maybe next time I can also try walking a bit with the camera. And after watching other videos, I found a better way of editing music with the video. 




No comments:

Post a Comment